Update existing gallery
If you would like to add additional photos to and existing gallery, please follow the instructions below:
In order to follow along with these steps, please ensure you’re logged into your WordPress back end and ready on your Dashboard. (If you’re unsure how to do this, please see guide here.)
- On Dashboard > Select “Pages” from the left hand menu > then “All Pages”
- Select the your page which contains your Gallery you wish to update (by clicking on the page name)
- Your page should load in the editing mode > Search for “Image Gallery” in the list of items on the page.
- Hover over this section and a green box should appear, click the symbol that looks like a Pencil and once you hove the mouse over this it should prompt a message of “edit image gallery” > Click the pencil
- A new pop up box will appear > you will see a row of images that are included in your current gallery
- To add new photos please select the box (after your last photo) that has a “+” symbol in this
- This will open up your “media gallery”
- Underneath the “Add Images” heading is “Upload Files” > Select this
- Select Files > This will open up a navigation to your computers files, please navigate as per normal to your desired image file to upload.
- Select “Add Image”
- Your new images will appear in the row
- Select “Save Changes” in the pop up box.
- On your Edit page, on the right hand column, navigate to Publish on the top hand of screen (on a computer) and select the blue button which says “Update”.
- You can now view your gallery page to see your changes!
I have included step by step instructions on how to update your gallery images. Otherwise I have also included a short video from Visual Composer’s own support page here: